My wonderful and extremely talented friend Malia came over today and painted the most beautiful mural ever!!!! I cannot believe the talent this girl has - I'm literally floored. What a gift she is to me and to our family. Malia not only painted this mural, but she did an incredible amount of work for our "A" celebration (that post is coming in the next few days, just trying to finish getting the pics together)! Thank you MALIA - You are amazing and I appreciate you SOOO much!
Description of the elephants:
Tom - Leading the way - he is definitely the leader of our home and seeks God in his decisions for our family. I am honored to call this man my husband and best friend.
Whittaker - Loves his daddy and I know he will be an incredible man like his father. He's leading the way for Lowa - which he loves to do! Whenever we go on hikes, if Lowa and Whitt go ahead a little bit, Lowa always asks Whitt to go first. He loves doing that for her - what a little man!!
Lowa - Grabbing Whitt's tail and in the thick of things. I love how she is holding his tail. She loves her brother so much and they truly are the best of friends. I know that this will only continue with her new brother "A."
A - Getting prodded along by mom and stretching his trunk out to reach Lowa. I have a feeling he is going to love his older brother and sister and want to play with them all of the time. I know Lowa and Whitt will include him and love him! I look forward to when he gets to come home and be a part of the Gresham Clan!
Mom - I'm the last one making sure everything is running as it should be. I love helping my kids, giving them little "nudges" when need be, and watching them explore the world! What a privilege to be a mom.
Malia captured our family just perfectly and I can't say thank you enough! We LOVE it. I know "A" is going to stare at that wall all of the time. What a gift. Love you girl...
We are in the thick of getting ready to go!! One week and we're off! It feels like it's approaching quickly and slowly at the same time. I have most of the errands and packing done - THANK YOU to my best friend Tia who came over and helped me!!! My gosh, there is NO WAY I would have wanted to tackle this on my own. (More to come about the incredible Tia as well). I mostly just have paperwork left, so I'm feeling good about that. I wanted to get the big things out of the way this week so that I could try to have as much of a normal week with Lowa and Whitt as possible. I want to spend as much time with them as I can.
In writing this post, I am just reminded how blessed I am to have so many amazing people whom I call family and friends. God has blessed me beyond measure.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
The mural is incredible!! What a beautiful piece for little "A" (can we write his name yet?) and the meaning behind all the elephants makes it just that much more special.
Are you in disbelief that you are leaving in a few short days? I am so truly excited for you and your family. I will definitely keep the twins in my prayers as you leave. I can't imagine all the joy that will be filling HH in a few days when so many families with be united with their children.
Can't wait to see the little guy in August!
Amy
beautiful mural and beautiful post. I bet you are really excited about meeting your baby A in just a few days. What a Joy. I will be praying for you and ALL your family. I can't way to hear about your amazing journey. Still waiting to see if there is a miracle and I get a referral on or before Friday.
WOW... THAT IS UNBELIEVEABLE! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love it!!!!!!!!!
That looks wonderful!! What a great job!
One week away from getting on the plane and bring your sweet baby home! I am so happy for you and your family.
Michelle
It's gorgeous! I wish I had even a little bit of that talent. I'm so glad you are traveling next weekend. HH is going to be crazy with excitement for these children. Have a safe flight and can't wait to read your,"we made it home safe" post.
I love the mural! What an incredible gift.
When do you leave?
I love the mural!!!!! Thats all I can say is that I love it because words can not say how perfect it is!!!! I can not wait to see pictures of your lil man!! Just wanted you to know that we are praying for you and your family!
SOOOOOO beautiful & precious. i LOVE it!! :)
Wow! That mural is beautiful! It is so exciting that you are only a week away!!
Autumn
Post a Comment