A's bed. The adorable blanket from his Moma has his name on it! The blanket hanging off the end is from Suzi - LOVE it!
The wall in the background will have the elephants painted on it!!! I'm excited to see what they will look like :)! As you can see donations for HH and things we're taking are all over the room. I'm excited to have it all cleaned out and at HH for those precious children!
Lowa and Whittaker are extremely excited to have "A" home! I think the hardest part of this whole journey is going to be leaving our sweet L & W at home. I will miss them more than words can describe! I know they'll be in great hands with my mom, but I will still miss them tremendously! I know that when "A" comes home it will be wonderful, but also an adjustment. All three children will have to learn how to adjust to our "new" family (as well as Tom and me)! I am covering all of this in prayer and know that God is in control!!
While we're waiting (it doesn't feel as much like waiting b/c we're so busy), we are still trying to recover. Tom got his second round of this cold and is now on antibiotics for his ears. Flying with an ear infection would NOT be fun. So, if you think of it, please pray for healing on his body!
I keep thinking we leave in less than 2 weeks - aaahhh! I'm so EXCITED to meet our boy!
Quick sidenote - if anyone brought anything they were so glad about, would you let me know? I think I've got it all on the list, but you never know. I could not think of something that would be a lifesaver in Ethiopia :).
11 comments:
trying to think of a lifesaver. i know what i wish i had and that was a cd of music for maya. we had no music! that would have been huge. also the sling was a must as was the baby bijorn. The drop ins were great. the head lamp (:) Josh wore during late time feedings! and power outages...flip flops they tell u not to wear them but i am sooooo happy i had. also i only brought jeans. a pair of wide leg light weight pants casual would have have been amazing. can u believe one week! just saw a pic of A a few minutes ago! love him!!
I didn't bring light sticks but I think that is a great thing because our lights did go out one night and we were trying to feed and change a baby by moon light. They do have a candle in your room but the light sticks last all night and are just 88C at wal-mart (glow sticks)
I was glad I brought flip flops.
I agree with Julie... baby sling and drop ins are a must because you won't want to wash bottles there. I never used the water AT ALL... even to wash bottles. I used bottled water to rinse our nipples for our bottles but that was it.
I was glad I had those baby wash clothes that are disposable. We used them as well when showering.
some snacks are good for your room. I was glad I had granola bars sometimes in between meals.
DRINK LOTS OF WATER because of the altitude.
ok.... that was a BOOK :-)
I am SO EXCITED FOR YOU!
I remember when I saw A at HH I thought... what a precious baby! Little did i know he was YOURS!
I am so exited for you and following your wonderful dream step by step. I hope your husband feel better really soon. Praying for you my friend.
I am still really hoping for our referral before you guys travel!!
I can't wait for you to have your little man in your arms!!!!
Michelle
I can't wait to see the elephants. I haven't even begun getting Grace's room ready, but I have everything I need, except the curtains. Her theme is flowers and butterflies. I hope she likes it. I still have to find a dresser for all of her clothes. Being the only girl in a house with 4 boys is definitely going to be interesting. She'll need her own "space" to act girly.
So happy for you and your family.
Sharon
Jen sent me a link to a great travel list. http://transracial.adoptionblogs.com/c1387
the things that I didn't need, I left with Almaz, so nothing was wasted.
PS. Michelle might not have a referral before you leave, but her child may already be at HH. If you take lots of pictures of the new kids, you might have one of the new referreals when they begin to come in again.
Sending prayers your way so everyone is healthy for your trip! Wow - 2 weeks - how EXCITING!!
~Dawn
Love the room!! 10 days and counting!
It is getting sooo close and I am so truly excited for you guys. I can not wait to meet him this summer!!!
Amy
Hi, Kristen.
I am doing the exact same thing with the lists. I like the feel of crossing stuff off! We are getting close now!
Megan
Kristin,
will you share your packing list? that would be awesome!! are you staying at the union? how are you going to keep in touch with your kids at home?
Post a Comment