Friday, April 4, 2008

Probably Traveling in June

In our monthly update yesterday, I had a great talk with our case manager. Again, I just felt a peace knowing that we wouldn't hear anything about travel, but that this is all in God's timing. So many wonderful friends have sent us encouraging verses and I wanted to include a few that have really encouraged me...

"Stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58

"Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all you ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

"Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare." Psalm 40:5

In talking with our case manager, I asked her to tell me realistically when she thought we would travel. She said that June was the most likely time of our travel. When we first got our referral, we were thinking May, but I think things are slowing down at MOWA (Ethiopian courts), thus our travel is getting pushed back. So, we're now thinking June and praying hard that it happens before July when the courts close for two months in Ethiopia. Thank you again for your prayers for our family and our little precious "A."


A picture of what we sent "A." Lowa and Whitt
picked out the ducky especially for him :).

10 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

June will come fast....but I know not fast enough for a mother. I am thankful that you have peace. I pray that we too will have that same peace. I really want to travel before courts close, but if we don't get a referral soon, that won't be happening.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

You will see that June will come soon and baby A will be on your arms pretty soon.

Our journey said...

Continue to have faith and be encouraged for the Lord will unite you before long. He is a wonderous God who continues to amaze me each and every day.

Amy

Unknown said...

You have been waiting 9 days longer than us. January flew by, February rushed by, March...Hey! What happened to March? April is already moving fast. You will know your travel dates in May. When you think about it, God has given you just enough time to truly prepare yourselves, your family, and your precious baby A. I wish I could say that I hope we could travel together, but honestly I hope you get to travel in May!

Sharon

Michael and Michelle said...

Can I just tell you I'm going crazy waiting for a referral!!!!! I thought this was our week and it wasn't:( Everytime the phone rings I jump up like "this could be it" and it's not!!! I am really longing and I just need to relax and trust in God's plan!!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Oh please DONT let it be July! Goodness i hadn't even gone there in my mind. Lord, let it be June, and be EARLY June. Praying for you!

karen

Coming to Amharica said...

How exciting! We just saw a picture where our baby was laying by the rattle we sent him....it warmed my heart!! How exciting to be preparing your baby's first present! Hoping you fly through court....

Dee Dee

C said...

I the verses above ar eso touching, you have some great friends!! We are parying that when ever your travel date is that until then that the LOrd holds you and your family in his habds and that the time goes by in the blink of an eye!!!! LOve the gifts you are sending your sweet abbay "A"

Braedensmommy said...

I hope the courts move quickly. I also pray for peace during the wait. It does begin to get long in the end but it is filled with such excitement that the day will soon come when you will get to HOLD your child!
Megan

Erica said...

Praying things move quickly and you are able to travel soon.