We are in total shock once again!! We got our travel call today!! We were seriously not expecting to get a call until June and maybe travel in mid-late June. We are beyond thrilled of course! We feel like we're on Cloud 9 and can't even begin to describe how we feel about getting to meet our precious "A." We've dreamt about, prayed for and loved vicariously through pictures this boy and now we KNOW we will get to meet him! It's simply indescribable!
Here's how it all went down...
My mom (who is visiting for the shower we had for A, and my birthday) and I were out shopping at this awesome sale today where everything at a Carter's store was $2.99. As we were shopping around I got a call from out of town. I didn't even know it was AGCI (I thought maybe it was a wrong #). I picked it up and it was Julie. She said, "How are you? Well, I have some exciting news for you. I have a travel date for you guys."
I could barely breathe and I started crying because my first thought was that I was going to get to meet, hold, love and hug my son! I was completely OVERWHELMED with emotion. I was in shock that we really would be going. It all seems like it's been a dream since we got the call. We know "A" is out there; living, breathing, growing - but because we don't know him it doesn't seem real at times. Yet at other times, it's so real we can visualize holding him, smelling him, kissing him.
After I heard that we were going to travel, I kind of lost track of the rest of what she said. I remember her saying I would be meeting him on Mother's Day! I couldn't believe it - Mother's Day. Can there be a better gift? So, we know that we need to be in Ethiopia on May 11th - a little less than 3 weeks away!
After I got off the phone, of course I told my mom (as if she didn't already know by my facial expression, body language, crying, etc.). She was so peaceful. The night before we'd had an amazing conversation about not worrying. There's a devotional that she has in her Bible that reads, "Look and Live. Look at Jesus and at what He has done, not at yourself and what you have done or can do. The answer to your problem, whatever it may be, is not worry, but trusting God and praying. Pray and worship God because He is good, and His goodness will be released in your life." I had been having a hard time with worrying about when we would travel, if we would make it before the courts closed. I had been really focused on myself and all that I could do to try and make this go faster (when in all reality - that was NOTHING). My mom showed me this yesterday and I had such a peace after that. God is amazing - he has continually done this (given me a peace right before He blows me away with the next phase of our adoption) with me throughout this adoption. Anyway, after telling my mom she had such a peace because she told me... "I knew you would get that call today. I've known it for a few days but didn't say anything. I'm not shocked Kristin, I'm so excited for you." Pretty amazing!!!
We are thrilled, excited, hopeful, nervous, ready, not ready, and so many other emotions that I can't put them into words. We will keep you updated on all of the goings-on around here.
If we can ask for prayers - here's what if would be... Tom is really sick right now and we are praying that he is totally healed and better by the time we travel. My ears are very plugged and we're praying they "pop" by the time we travel so that going up and down in the airplane isn't a killer. We're praying for peace for Lowa and Whittaker and the transition that will be coming for them. We're praying for "A" and his bonding, attachment and safety. We're praying for safe travels and hearts/ears/minds to truly absorb the beautiful Ethiopian culture we will get to experience.
Thank you again for everyone who has loved and supported us through this incredible adventure. It's coming to an end for this phase of adoption, but the true adventure is just beginning - Life as a Family of 5!!
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Congratulations! I am so excited that you are going to travel to pick up your son. You will have an amazing time. I will be praying for you and for everyone in your travel group.
CONGRATS!
OH WOW... how exciting. What amazing news. Were you so blown away... wait, you said you were :-)
You are about to experience the trip of a life time. Take it all in. It goes by so fast!
Congratulations. I can't believe how fast was this. I bet you are really excited. Praying for you my friend.
Gresham Clan,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you travel to meet your son. May God truly bless those moments you have with him and may the transition go well. We love you!
The Kiehn Family
Congrats!! I am so happy for you guys. Sound like there's a nice size group going!!! This is great!
Thinking of you (and living throught you),
Michelle
Congratulations! Looking forward to traveling with you.
Congratulation, guys. We are going to have a wonderful time! I cannot wait to touch down in Ethiopia and begin this new journey!
Happy flight booking!!
Megan
Oh Kristin. How exciting for you guys. That was so unexpected. Our Father is amazing. I am so pleased he moved some mountains and that there are 7 of you traveling to get your precious babes!!!
Amy
OH MY GOODNESS!! I AM SOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!! OH MY!! THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER!!! YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!
no call for me, so i guess that means we aren't traveling together. :( BUT i couldn't be more thrilled for you!!
YEAH!!!! Oh my gosh, I was so excited to read your blog, but I had to go to jail all day (I'm an attorney, not an inmate) and couldn't access your blog until just now. How absolutely wonderful for you. You'll be a mom again on Mother's Day! I can't wait to live vicariously through you!
Congratulations and have fun for all of us.
PS When you get there and see all the cute faces, just keep in mind that Hewan is ours!
Sharon
I am so happy for you and your family!!!! I will be praying for you nad your family!!!! Our GOD is so BIG!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! That is amazing! Lots of prayers coming your way!
~Dawn
Post a Comment