Our friends who got back from Ethiopia took this awesome picture from one of the orphanages in Ethiopia. It says, "God is Good All The Time." Wow, that's powerful! Here are these children who are living without their parents, in difficult living conditions and without basic necessities. The way they live is beyond imaginable to most of us. Yet, in spite of that they recognize that God is a good God. That sure puts things in perspective for me...
I have so much to be thankful for and I know that God has blessed me beyond measure! I have a husband who truly is the most amazing man I know. He has a wonderful job and is able to provide for our family. My children are such amazing people, they're healthy, bright and FUN! I have another son who will be joining us soon who is being taken care of by wonderful and giving special mothers. My family has clean water, food to eat whenever we want. I have a home, a car, and free time to actually play! I have little things that I don't even think about - clean clothes, schools that I have and can attend, paper to write and draw on, blocks and toys for my children to play with. The list goes on and on and on and on and on. Being thankful for what I have and for my God is where I want my heart to be.
"Thank you Lord for loving us all exactly where we are, no matter who we are or what our life circumstances. Thank you for these beautiful children in Ethiopia (and all over the world) who see and love you in spite of their horrific circumstances. Help me to always remember that."
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders you have done. The things you planned for us no one can recount to you; were I to speak and tell of them, they would be too many to declare. Psalm 40:5
I love this Psalm because it reminds of all the wonderful things God has done. They are too numerous to count. It is a wonderful perspective to have. I am trying to live in a constant state of thankfulness, never taking for granted all the things we have as Americans.
Amy
I love your post and I agree with you 100%. We have so many things to be thankful of.
Kristin,
That picture is amazing! Thank you for sharing it with all of us. How special to be walking through an orphanage and see something so powerful!!
Michelle
Do you have trouble everytime you post? How wierd! Does it give you any message or just doesn't work? Just want to see if I have something set wrong.
Love that verse too. I have it posted on my blog, because it is one of my favorites. This journey has really opened my eyes to how good we have it. Everyone needs to stop comparing themselves to Bill Gates and look at themselves in comparison to the whole world!
Continuing to pray for you guys as you wait to hold that little man in your arms,
Amy
Thanks for your support, Kristin. We did not ask when to expect to travel because we did that last time and it isn't happening, so to avoid future disappointment I didn't even ask. It's tough.
Dee Dee
I love this post!
Post a Comment