Tom and I were singing that song from the 80's last night - It's the Final Countdown, buh, duh, duh, duh - buh, duh, duh, duh, duh - buh, duh, duh, duh - buh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh, duh - It's the Final Countdown!!! Yes, we're dorks - and we grew up with 80's music!
Preparations are going well and we're getting ready to go! I'm working on the last few things to check off the list, packing the last items and trying to spend as much time with Lowa and Whitt as possible! We're heading down to Seattle tomorrow and staying the night. Our flight for Dulles, WA D.C. leaves at 7:30am Saturday. Then we leave for Rome that evening and arrive in Addis Ababa on Sunday night. We'll sleep that night, meet with Almaz in the morning (the Ethiopian Hannah's Hope director), and then go to meet our precious "A." I am SOOOO excited to meet our son and hold him in my arms! What a gift that will be!!!!!!
If you think to pray for us, we would appreciate that. Pray for peace for Tom and I, a peaceful time for Lowa and Whittaker, and a smooth transition for "A" and all of us! Thank you all for your prayers and love!
Thank you to everyone!!!!!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can't handle it! I think I'm as excited as you are. I'll be praying that your flight is smooth and that you get some sleep on the plane. Mostly that Little "A's" heart is ready for his Mommy and Daddy. We'll pray for safety for your family back home, too.
Have fun.
I am so excited for you guys!
This will be and is the journey of a life time.
We will lift all of you guys traveling up in prayer.
I wish we had a referral and you could take some pictures for us.
If there are any sibling groups take picutes just incase they are my babies:)
Have a wonderul time!! I can't wait for your "family united" pictures.
Blessings,
Mcihelle
I am SOOO thrilled for you!! I can't wait to hear about your gotcha day, your reflections on Ethiopia, your travel tips, and how it felt when you finally met your A. You will be in my prayers!!
Of course I will be praying for you and thinking about you guys during this time! What an incredible journey you have been on and a new one is about to being with 'A'!
Amy
I will be praying for you and your family. Enjoy every minute of this wonderful lifetime experience. I can't wait to hear everything about your trip to Ethiopia. Give lots of love to those babies in HH a let them know that their families are waiting anxiously for them. Blessings. Adanise
WOW!! Are we really this close. I'm so excited I can't think. See you in LESS than two days!!
Toni
Post a Comment