Monday, May 5, 2008

Garage Sale - Awesome

Last weekend our wonderful friends Bill, Carole and Kimball held a huge garage sale in our honor! Kimball used to be one of my student's when I taught 5th grade and when she found out about our adoption, she came up with this amazing idea to help us financially by holding a garage sale! We were floored that this family would want to do this for us.

We had so many family and friends donate to the garage sale and quite a few items. It was a gorgeous, sunny day (which has been rare up here in the NW this year). Lots of people came by and we made a little over $500.00 - WOW!!! It was a blast doing this and both Tom and I are so thankful!

Bill, Carole and Kimball - thank you for your love and service to our family! We are so thankful and appreciative! "A" is a blessed little boy because of all of the amazing people who love him and our family. You're an amazing and giving family! We pray God's blessings for you!

On another note, we leave in 5 days! We are both getting more and more excited and can't believe the day is fast approaching. I keep looking at "A's" picture and imagining him here in my arms. It's a wonderful longing and one we won't have to have for too much longer - because he'll actually be in our arms - YEAH!!!!

This week is full of playing with L&W, getting things organized and checked off of my infamous lists! I'm praying for peace and most importantly that my focus stays on God my savior as He is what this is all about!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! That's so wonderful of your friends to help out. I can't wait until you travel--I want to see this precious boy!

Sharon

Coming to Amharica said...

I'm thinking of you as you near A's Adoption Day!

What wonderful friends you have...caring for you every step of the way.

Thanks for the travel list you sent!!

Dee Dee

Braedensmommy said...

I love that! It is so wonderful to have loving friends! Thinking of you this week and looking forward to meeting you!
Megan

Our journey said...

What a blessing to have friends like that! I bet you are on cloud nine right now.

Amy

Toni W said...

What a wonderful thing for your friends to do. Glad to hear everything is going well. See you Saturday!!

Toni

Dawn said...

Sounds like you have great family and friends supporting you - that's awesome! Only a few days left! I'm sure you're on an adrenaline rush!
~Dawn