We have officially only been waiting 2 weeks and 4 days since our referral, and it feels like months. I didn't think the waiting after we got the referral would be this tough, but boy oh boy - I am READY to go get our son and bring him home!! Our friends just brought their children home yesterday from Hannah's Hope. It was SOO good to talk to them and hear about their experience in Ethiopia! They are such an amazing family and they have blessed us so much. They took a ton of pictures of "A" and held and loved him the entire time they were there. I am so thankful for that and feel like a little part of us went with them to see him.
He is so adorable, I can't get over it. He's got the biggest eyes (again he totally looks like my nephew and it's kind of eerie). He has such an intense stare, it's like he's looking right into your soul. I wonder what's going on in that little mind of his? Our friends said he is a genuinely happy baby, very aware and sweet. I just can't wait to hold him!! Two months seems like an eternity when you know your child is somewhere other than in your arms. Again, it comes down to trusting that God has His perfect timing! I'm looking forward to when that perfect timing comes :)!
We are working on "A's" room and my friend Malia, who is an incredible artist is going to paint a mural on his wall. She's going to paint a silhouette of an African looking tree with 5 Elephants (Tom, Me, Whitt, Lowa and "A" ). I just love this idea. After it's all done, I'll post a picture.
That's where I am right now. Doing lots of praying, trusting and missing. To all of you waiting (in any stage of adoption), know that our prayers are with you. God is SO good and in control. He loves us and knows what is perfect for our children and our families. Blessings to everyone!
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I Love the room idea!! I can't wait to see a picture. How nice that your friends got to love on "A" this past week. He is a doll!!!
Have a great week!
Michelle
I am so glad I am on your e-mail list. THANK YOU!
and I can't wait to see the room with the mural.. PLEASE POST when it's done
How wonderful that your friends could give 'A' some love from you. I am sure the new pictures were a blessing too.
His room sounds so neat. I can't wait to see pictures of your little guy and his new room. Love the elephant idea!
Amy
Your words are so true. At times it is hard to remember that, so it is nice to have people like you here to remind us.
I can't wait to give your baby some love and take pics for you when I go....or better yet maybe we'll travel together. Anything is possible.
Dee Dee
I have just begun to follow your journey. I was reading your blog about how you came to adoption and so much of it rang true for us as well. It's exciting to see God orchestrate our lives if we only listen and obey Him. Blessings to you and your family! -Kendra Cosgrove
Praying for you on this long and hard wait. I can't wait to see the room. Thank you for keeping me updated.
Post a Comment