Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Waybacks

Tom and I had the chance to go out on a double-date with his parents this past weekend. We drove down to Seattle to watch our brother-in-law play with his band, The Waybacks. They're an amazingly talented group. Their style is a mix of blue-grass, rock, sort of rockish country, celtic, and more. James is our brother-in-law and he plays the guitar and any other stringed instrument you can think of. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I think he is one of the top guitarists in the world. His fingers move faster on the guitar than mine do on my "air-guitar!" He is a blast to listen to when he plays - they all are! Their new album comes out March 25th and we're so excited to download it off of i-tunes!

It's always wonderful to get to hang out with Tom's parents, Jim and Susanne. They are such amazing people and we feel so blessed to have them living so close to us. We went out for pizza and then headed off to the concert. I think we arrived home around 1:00am. It was worth it! Here's a few pics of the four of us and James rocking out. The lighting was really dim, so we couldn't get a good pic, but this will do!

No news on the adoption yet. Our case manager just got back this week from Ethiopia. We're excited to hear from her! We'll post any news once we find out :)!

8 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

I can't wait to hear from Julie! Have you gotten your call yet?? I'm so excited to hear all about Ethiopia. I did get your email address from Julie B and will email you in the near future! Can you believe Julie B. leaves in 2 days!! Wow! How exciting!
Michelle

Our journey said...

Did you guys go to Yakima for your fingerprints? How long did it take you to get your FDL? I know AGCI is even sending their Oregon people to Yakima because it processes things so much quicker right now.

Amy

Our journey said...

We are going to Yakima on a Friday, because J's mom has that day off and can watch the kids easily. I was hoping we would go the 14th, but since Martha was out of the office several days this week I don't think our home study will get reviewed quite as quickly. We will probably have to go on the 21st and we will be leaving at about 4am too! They close early on Fridays, so we want to be there when they open at 8:30. JoAnn is the one that told me they are only taking about 2 weeks out of Yakima, so we will see. I am hoping by the end of April and then I won't be disappointed!

Amy

Teabo Chica said...

I love that you have curly hair :) me too :)
Cant wait to see what happens next on your journey. How is the wait for you????
Natalie

Our journey said...

No it is not for us. It is a friend of a friend's ministry and they are raising money for grants to be given out to bring more children into forever families. I just think passing it along is such a wonderful idea, because it has the power to grow exponentially!

My kids love the laundry basket and insist on rides in it. They also love to curl up in it when it is full of warm laundry!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Same thing here. I am still waiting and I am anxious to know my new official numbers. Hopefully they continue moving fast. We'll see.

A Team said...

Sure...
t.ancelet@knology.net

The Redman's said...

Hi Kristin-- I read on someone's blog that there have been a lot of baby boy referrals lately.... does that mean you guys are close?? I can't remember if you guys said boy, girl, or siblings.... but timing wise, you guys must be almost there!!! Can't wait for an update. :)

-Suzi