Friday, March 21, 2008

Missing My Boy...

My good friends left today from here in NW Washington for Ethiopia to pick up their beautiful children. I can't believe how excited I am for them. Knowing that they get to hold, kiss, hug and play with their children brings me such delight. I also love that they get to go see our son "A." They will be taking tons of pictures and loving him for us. I am TRULY grateful and can't wait to hear how he is doing.

On the flip side, I am so sad today. I am missing my boy so much that it leads me to tears. I know he is being so well taken care of and again, I am SOO grateful, but I miss him! I think of his sweet face, his beautiful curls, the milk-drunk look on his face after having his bottle. I think of his sweet hands grabbing his special mother and anticipate the day he will hold onto me. My boy is so precious and I am relying on God to give me patience and peace in this time of waiting. I am thankful because I know God has given me His peace that passes understanding, but I still yearn for my son in my arms. I look forward to the day with great excitement and anticipation.

5 comments:

Our journey said...

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid." John 14:27

Continue to be still in the knowledge that God is with your son, holding him, comforting him, until which time you can do it for yourself.

Amy

Michael and Michelle said...

I can't even imagine how you are feeling. I am so longing to hold our child/children and I don't even know who they are yet! Once I get a picture it will be so difficult!! I think about you lots and will remember to pray for you guys. Travel should be quick (not quick enough, I know)sound like people are leaving about 8 weeks after referral. 8 weeks will fly by!! Soon your wait will be a memory.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I can understand how you are feeling even though I don'r even have my referral. Think about how fast things are moving for you and that in a couple of weeks you will be together with your baby for ever. Praying for you.

A Team said...

are they with AGCI? (your friends)

HANG IN THERE GIRLFRIEND...

You'll love getting those pictures. Those always were so refreshing and exciting. I would get them printed and in frames so fast!

Thinking of you!
Tracie

Anonymous said...

I really relate to this! It is amazing, once you have a photo, and a mental picture of him, how HARD it is to be apart. Knowing that he is well-taken care of helps, but every day apart is a day longer not knowing him, not bonding with him. So I really understand. I have planted some seeds in my garden, and I love watering them because they always make me think of our baby. THe passage of time, growth, little seeds, precious and fragile, being cared for. In my mind, that is so parallel to how I feel about our D. This longing in my heart is God's nurturing of my love for him . . . everyday being watered and remembered and prayed over. I am so HAPPY that our boys are at HH together! Let's bring 'em home!!