We knew once we got the referral of "A" that the inevitable would happen... we would have to move to the world of minivans! Tom and I always "swore" that we would never own a minivan - we thought we were just too cool for that. Well, now that we are a family of 5, the minivan is WAY COOL!! Either our "cool" meter has seriously dropped off a cliff or we've entered into a whole new level of cool (minivan cool baby)! I can't believe how awesome these things are. They seriously thought of every family situation when on the road and put it into the minivan. Tom said it's like a house on wheels - it's kinda true!
The kids call it our "new, blue car" and love to travel anywhere in the thing. I think driving it is fabulous, but the best part is that I don't have to break my back when I'm buckling the kids into their car seats - YES!! Being 5'11" and having to bend over and over and over throughout the day for buckling was, well let's just say, NOT SO FUN! I barely have to bend over now and I'm thinking that's pretty dang wonderful!!
So, we are now officially your typical minivan kinda family and guess what... we LOVE it (even Tom admits to it. Who would have thought...).
8 comments:
Oh, how we swore we would never have one either! There is a point where comvenience outweighs your former resolutions. Once you get one, who would go back? Ok, maybe when the kids are out of the house!
Thank God for inventing mini-vans!
Amy
We must be totally "cool" we got a minivan while we had just one child (I know I'm weird). Everybody was thinking I was pregnant because, "why would a family with one child get a minivan???" Nope I wasn't pregnant, I just wanted to be "cool." I LOVE my minivan!!!! Mike says he will only let us have 5 children because once we have 6 we will need a 15 seater van!!! I was thinking maybe we should get a really old LIMO and pack it full of children! Now that would be "REALLY COOL!!!!"
Nice van!! Welcome to the WONDERFUL WORLD OF MINIVANS!!!!!
Thanks so much for all your encouragement!!! You are precious!
Michelle
Congratulations for your van. You will love it.
Great van-- I'm a bit jealous!! :) By the way... will you email me? I can't find your email address.
Thanks.
-Suzi
Awesome! I don't even have ONE child yet and I can't wait to have a minivan. Strange? Maybe a bit. I'm so happy for you and your news. I hope to take pics of your boy whenever I travel.
Dee Dee
Ha ha! I just read Michelle's comment and I'm laughing at our similarities.
WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF MINIVANS!!!!!
We joined the club several years ago...
WHO CARES ABOUT COOL, RIGHT???? haha.
YAY FOR YOU! We LOVE LOVE LOVE our minivan. I rebelled for too long. Isn't it sooo practical and amazing!!? My kids climb in on their own, hardly any lifting for me, just a buckle and go!!
Post a Comment