Tom...
Tom is BUSY teaching (which is a pretty stressful job as is), doing his principal internship, filling out job applications, leading small group, being a husband and a father. He's got about 4 full-time jobs if you put them all together! Even though life is pretty stressful for Tom, he handles it with grace and peace (I would not pull it off so well). I am amazed at his reliance on God and his determination, dedication and the hard work he puts into everything. He is applying for principal jobs up and down the I-5 corridor here in WA and we hope to stay on the west coast of WA. Tom's parents moved over here a few years ago and we would be so heart broken if we had to leave this area. Overall Tom is great, but life is a bit exhausting right now. Can you believe we're going to be adding to the stress by adopting and possibly starting a new job? God, what do you have in store for us :)?
The expression Tom has on his face is how he feels much of the time :)!
This is the face that shows how crazy life is right now - attractive huh!
Here's us looking a little more normal!
Kristin...
As for me, I'm busy with Lowa and Whittaker! They just turned 3 and they are definitely showing signs of independence and "talking back." They are a joy and I love being their mom, but they can also be trying at times! This past week I had the opportunity to go visit my mom and dad, my grandma and grandpa, my aunt and my nieces and nephew across the state. For Christmas, Tom and I gave my mom my time and some paint supplies for painting her living and dining room. I flew over and spent the weekend with her. While there I got to visit with my grandpa who has recently been diagnosed with bone cancer - totally devastating. I had the chance to visit with my grandparents and it was wonderful! My mom and I had a great time being together and having girl time! We got both rooms painted and they look great! Way to go Mom! As for the adoption, I'm just excited to meet our child/ren and see who God had blessed us with. I have also been very burdened with the devastation in Africa. God has asked me if "I'm ready for what's next beyond adoption." I am so heavy over what these families are having to go through and the devastation of AIDS. It is literally wiping out a generation. The after effects of this are so far reaching beyond just Africa. I want to do SOMETHING! Tom and I were talking tonight and saying that there are so many things up in the air for us right now - it's crazy. We don't know if or where Tom will be a principal this upcoming year, we don't know if that means moving, we don't know when we'll get a referral, who will be our child/ren (one or two), we don't know when we'll travel. This list of things "up in the air" goes on and on! We definitely need prayer about all of this. That's where I'm at with life :)!
Visiting my grandma and grandpa.
Mom and her house before...
Mom's house after... Way to go MOM!
Lowa...
Lowa just turned 3 and had a great birthday. With 3 comes lots of talking, fun and playing. She and Whitt have been very busy playing dinosaurs, picking blackberries (every little toy they can find goes into little buckets they have), playing ponies, kitty, puppy, etc., building with blocks, coloring (which Mamaw gave her lots for her b-day), and anything else you can think of. For their birthday Tom's parents gave them gymnastics lessons. She is loving gymnastics!
She likes to flip around on the bars and walk on the balance beam. She is so adorable! The other day it was so sweet because she was holding her baby and said to Whitt, "This is my baby sister." I think she's looking forward to having another sibling!
Lowa playing red light, green light. This is her forced smile :).
Happy birthday Lowa (this is her princess cake).
Lowa coloring wrapped up in her blanket.
We took L & W swimming for their b-day - we all had a blast!
Whitt...
Whitt just turned 3 as well! He had dinosaurs for his theme and thoroughly enjoyed the dinos he got for his b-day (thanks Mamaw and T & T). He is busy being a boy and LOVES gymnastics. His teacher commented that he is quite naturally athletic (we always thought so, but you never know b/c they're your own kids.) He loves throwing the balls in the hoop, doing donkey kicks and jumping off of stuff (thanks g-ma and g-pa)! Whitt loves playing with Lowa and will do almost anything she wants (this was the same set-up w/ my brother and I - poor guys). Whitt is getting more and more excited to have a brother or sister and I know he will be an amazing brother.
Whitt and Grandma at Whitt's B-day!
Whitt after drinking hot chocolate w/ his goofy smile :).
Whitt eating his dino birthday cake - yum!
So there you have it! You should be caught up. Hope all is well for everyone else!
5 comments:
What a neat family. Your children are super cute! Their shirts match their cakes, I love it!
Thanks for letting us get to know your family better.
Michelle
You guys are sure busy! I hope it makes this time of waiting pass a little quicker.
Amy
We got our letter!!!! I'm so excited, I want to tell everybody!!
104 days, can you believe it!
Michelle
I was wondering the same for you....kinda....I know that you are open to one or two children under the age of 2????? So, are you number 1 on the sibling list???
We are open to a single child age 0-15 months or a sibling group under the age of 5. Our oldest child turned 5 a little while ago and we don't want to bump her out of her "oldest child" spot. I been wondering how they do that with siblings....if you are open to twins are you on the sibling list or do they just know that and if it happens they call you???
Let me know if you know anything about that.
Michelle
Kristen,
Its amazing to see how God is calling more and more peopple to be broken for Africa, I Love Him for moving in us like that. And what He asked you "Are you prepared for what comes after this adoption?" wow, wait until you step foot off that airplane and ride on that van with the window open (smelling all the disel exhaust!) but you will feel this sense of completion (at least for that moment!) ahh....memories :)
XoXo,
Natalie
Post a Comment