Sunday, February 3, 2008

Today Marks One Month on the Waiting List

We have officially been on the waiting list for one month today! The updated report from AGCI is that the new time frame for being on the waiting list to getting a referral is 2-6 months (when we first started the process, the wait time was 2-4 months). This means we're between either being halfway there or one sixth of the way there :)! At times it's hard to wait, but at other times, I think - "Yeah, we're already one month down." I know that whoever is supposed to be in our home, will be here in God's perfect timing.

I should be hearing from our case manager next week as to whether we've moved up on the waiting list. I'm excited to talk to her and see how everything is going. Now that we're on the waiting list, we get a call once per month to tell us our updates. The only other time we'll get a call is if there is a referral. I'm really looking forward to that day :)!

Another Mom who has adopted from Ethiopia - Suzi is making and selling beautiful blankets for fundraising for their next adoption. They are beautiful, check out her blog at http://redmansjourney.blogspot.com/

There is also another wonderful family - The Beelers selling T-shirts to raise funds for Hannah's Hope in Ethiopia. Check out her blog at http://www.adoptionwear.blogspot.com/

That's our news for now. We'll update when we know more...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. We are also waiting for the phone call to see if we moved or not. According to the biweekly update, I think we moved something. We'll see.

The Redman's said...

Hi- Thanks for sharing about my blankets!! That was very sweet of you. One month down.... hopefully not too many more to go! Maybe you'll have your kiddo(s) in time for a late summer AGCI get together! How cool would that be?!?!?!

Blessings.
-Suzi

Our journey said...

What a great perspective to remember that it will happen in God's perfect timing and not our own. How reassuring to know that it is in His hands!

Michael and Michelle said...

How long did it take to get your FDL?? I'm expecting ours in the couple of days...I shouldn't expect anything, I was expecting it over Christmas.
I can't wait to hear what number you are at!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

The waiting is killing me. Did you found out your new numbers on the list? Julie called me today. We are 10 on boys and 12 on girls. You are ahead on me on the list.

Teabo Chica said...

I know, its like the phone guy when they say we will be there between 2-6o clock and your like "Is it closer to the 2 or the six or is it inbetween, just tell me and take me out of the misery of the "WAIT!" Seriosuly people! :) We are here for you in the wait friend!