Don't you love the facial expressions?!
Inside Camping...
Our family LOVES to go camping, but this year it would just be too much for Abraham. He's trying to adjust to home and getting used to being good sleeper, so we didn't figure it would be too much fun for him or others in the camp ground to hear him trying to go down for a nap :). So, my best friend Tia suggested that we go camping inside! She's a genius! The day consisted of going strawberry picking. Tom's mom came with us and it was a blast - the kids loved the tractor ride. Then Tom's parents came over for a BBQ on the back deck, which was delicious. A few years ago, Tom and I built a table for our deck that was made for a fire pit. After our BBQ, we got our stuff together for S'mores and went for it- YUM!!! The kids loved that as well (Abraham was asleep by this time). After cleaning up, we all crawled into our tent that we had set up in our front room. Of course, the kids were thrilled to all be sleeping together. We tried really hard to make it through the night, but Whitt kept waking up and whimpering, so Tom put him in his bed and went to our bed - can you say wimp :) - just kidding babe!! I was determined to last all night, but after another two hours of falling asleep and then being woken up by Lowa kicking me in the face, I'd had enough. I carried her down to her bed and climbed in my bed - oh yes, I'm a wimp too :)! I was thinking they'd be disappointed the next morning, but they didn't even notice. They woke up happy as usual, and we spent the rest of the morning eating our "camping" breakfast of blueberry pancakes and bacon! Then we played in the tent some more and packed up. It was a blast!!
4 comments:
Glad to hear the little buddy is healthy. Pictures are darling!
I am so happy to hear that Abraham is a little healthy boy. I love all the kisses pictures.
Fun stuff. I love camping at home too. It is so much easier and the showers are hot :) So glad to hear Abraham is all clear for kisses.
Erin
We must be kindred spirits...LOVE the camping indoors adventure. We also love our fire-pit and LOVE to camp. Can't wait to take our future baby ET camping. But, I agree that infants don't always make the best campers. :) Glad he is healthy and you can give lots of kisses now! :)
Post a Comment