Tuesday, March 11, 2008

You're Not Gonna Believe This...

I'm in SHOCK - we have a referral of our baby boy "A." His name is more perfect than we ever could have imagined and the face on this child blows me out of the water!!! I wish I could share pictures and info., but that will come soon enough - after we arrive home!!!

Here's how it all went down...
About 11:00 Tuesday morning, our case worker called. Let me back up a bit... I had received an email from her earlier the previous week in which she was hoping to call everyone on the list. I didn't get the call Thursday, Friday or Monday. I wanted to send an email to just say "hi" and that I would love to hear where we were on the list. Every single time I thought about it, I truly felt like God said, "No, I am in control. Don't try to take control of something you'll never be able to control. Rest in my peace and know I have the perfect timing." So I never sent an email and I'm so glad I didn't. When our case manager called, it was so wonderful, because I knew it wasn't any of my doing! Back to the call...
There was some chit-chat at first about her trip to Ethiopia and how I was so excited to hear from her. Then she said, "Well, I'm going to throw you for a loop." I KNEW it was coming and my whole body literally started shaking!!! She said she had a little boy for us. I immediately wanted to know more. With tears flowing, mouth beaming and body shaking I found out about our sweet little boy. I told her that I wanted her to send the pics and info, but that I was going to wait to see them until Tom got home. It seriously took SO much WILL POWER not to look at those pictures!

I called Tom right away, but of course this was a day he had a meeting that he couldn't get out of. I didn't reach him by calling so I sent a text message (which I never do). I said, "Call me asap, referral!!" Tom is waiting to hear from some school districts this week about whether he gets an interview or not, so he thought that was why I was calling. (Remember, the last time we got waiting list numbers 2-3-08, we were #6 on the boy list. Neither of us was expecting this). The first thought that ran through his head was, "Wow, Kristin must be calling about an interview. I wonder why she called it a referral?" This lets you know how far off we thought a referral would be. Then it clicked in his brain- "Oh my gosh, this is a referral for a child!" He was at lunch, so thankfully he could call me. We were both thrilled and shocked - as I've said many times! I shared all about our "A" and he was so excited. I waited until he got home and Tom's parents came over to see "A" and take pictures of us seeing him for the first time. I can't say he's the cutest baby boy in the whole world, but he's tied for first with Whittaker! Man, this boy is beyond precious! We all can't believe how precious he is. The first thing Lowa and Whittaker said was, "It's baby A." They are going to be wonderful siblings to this little man. Another crazy thing... He looks like he's one of the family - extended. I have nieces and a nephew who are bi-racial. They are my sweet little people and so special to me - I am in love with these kids! When we saw the pics of "A" we all thought, "My gosh, he looks like them when they were little." - It's eerie and such a God thing. The boy belongs in this family!

I have to share a story about what Lowa said.

Earlier today we were sitting at the table and we were talking about our new baby brother "A." Lowa all of the sudden says, "Mom, "A" sad."
"Why is he sad?"
"Because he not here with us."
"Oh Lowa, you are a precious girl and will be a wonderful sister. I bet he's ok, but he'll be excited to come live with us."

Later she said,
"I look all around the house, and I not find 'A' ".
"Well 'A's' in Ethiopia right now waiting for us babe."
"Oh yeah, he gonna be happy, he gonna be wrapped up in a blanket and live with us."

I just thought these were such precious stories. Whitt was also looking for him earlier. I'm so thankful they're excited!

Officially he is not ours yet (he actually won't be officially ours until we go pick him up in Ethiopia). Even though he's not legally ours yet, we feel like he is in our hearts. Next, our papers are sent to MOWA - Ministry of Women's Affairs - the Ethiopian courts. The papers consist of our home study and dossier (all that paperwork I did earlier in the process). It sounds like the time frame for court is 2-3 months. So, we'll keep you all updated.

We just can't say thank you enough to all of our family, friends and fellow bloggers for your love, support, prayers and kind words. They mean more to us than you'll ever know. Signing off for now. - a mother of 3!!

Can you tell we're in LOVE!!!????

We're in awe of how beautiful he is!

I love that my kids are thrilled about their new baby brother. Grandma and Grandpa were so excited to see too!!

13 comments:

The Redman's said...

Wow!!! CONGRATS!!!!!! Sounds like you'll have your little guy for a summer Northwest AGCI get together!!! YIPPEEEEE!!!!!!!

-Suzi

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!!!!. Congratulations. I can't believe how fast this boy list in moving. I am still waiting for my phone call. I am so anxious. But you were 4 numbers in top of me on the boys list so this give me an idea of where I am. I also know that there were 3 families in top of me on double list and you were one of them. I am so happy for you. Can I ask you how old is your baby boy?

Teabo Chica said...

YAHOOOO!!! Cant wait to hear more, thats amazing listening to the Lords leading and wow what wonderful news :) :)

cbpaschall said...

I have been checking your blog all week since we heard #5 so I was wondering but.....Yeah! That is so exciting, can't wait to see you with your new son. Congratulations! I will keep checking back for more news!

Our journey said...

I could not believe it...when I read the title to your post! I am so amazed and excited for you guys and your new little man! Your story about listening to God in that little voice is an amazing testament. I can not wait to hear more about him and hopefully meet him this summer at a gathering!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Amy

Coming to Amharica said...

WHAT!?!?!?!?! I can't believe it....that is AWESOME!!!!! I love how it completely caught you off guard and you were so patient in the days leading up to it.

Dee Dee

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! CONGRATS!! WE ARE SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!

A Team said...

WHAT EXCITING NEWS!!!!!!!!

He is a doll! I saw him when I was at HH and thought "what a precious baby" and little did I know, he was YOURS!

Congrats!!!!
I am so excited for you!

Michael and Michelle said...

No way!! I can hardly believe it!!! I am truly very excited for you guys!!! Man, the boy list is moving down! I can't wait to see pictures of this little man!!! Kristin, this is so great! I was kinda wishing we would travel together....but that may not happen since no referral for me.
Michelle

Anonymous said...

My email address is vdavila1@tampabay.rr.com. Definitely numbers are tricky because if you were 4 numbers ahead of me and you got a referral I should be 4 now but I don't know. We will see on today's biweekly report because over there she will put the amount of referrals done. Anyway I am very excited. I will be waiting for your email.

C said...

I am so happy for you guys!!!!I have been reading to see whats been going on...and now its all happening for you guys!!! YEA! YEA! HIP HIP HOORAY!

Tegan, Gregory and Maiya said...

How exciting! Congratulations!
I found your blog about a month ago in my quest for more information about AGCI and Ethiopian adoption. I was THRILLED to find someone else in B'ham adopting from Ethiopia, let alone with AGCI!
My husband and I are just starting the process. Our plan is to start filling out the application this weekend.

I am so excited for you and your family and look forward to hearing more about your experience.
Thank you for sharing your story.
-Tegan

Braedensmommy said...

WOW!! How did I miss this??? Congratulations!!!! I am so incredibly happy for you!!!!!!!
Megan