We are officially on the waiting list as of today!!! I talked to our case manager with AGCI today and got the news. There is essentially one overall waiting list that everyone goes onto, but it is more specifically broken down into a girl list, boy list and sibling list. So, here's where we stand... We are #20 on the overall list. Because we are open to a boy, girl or siblings, we also are on each of those lists. We are #13 on the girl list, #11 on the boy list and #1 on the sibling list. While talking to our case manager today we discussed the probability of getting two children under two (either twins or a newborn and a 2 year old). She said the chances are pretty slim and that we will most likely only get one child. We just don't know what will happen though - God knows who is supposed to be in our home and will open and close all necessary doors.
We are completely thrilled to be on the waiting list! Our case manager said that the wait time is around 4 months for a referral and about 3 months in between the referral and travel time. If that's the case (although it could easily change - just look at China - starting at 10 months and now up to around 3 years), then we might be traveling in August. Now that would be NUTS!! Who knows though. We don't have our heads set on a certain date. We're just glad to be on the waiting list and know that God will do the rest.
Once again, we are just so grateful for all who are supporting us and loving us through this exciting, incredible and roller coaster of an adventure. We'll keep you updated!
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!
Congrats! I am so excited for you guys. Yes, the Lord knows exactly who will join your precious family.
I'll be following you journey.
:-)
Tracie in TN
CONGRATS! It is great to be on the waiting list. It is crazy how quickly AGCI is growing....before our very eyes. The month or so before we went on the wait list there were fewer than 5 per list. We went on at #7 for the boy list and it just keeps growing. You have a positive outlook on it and it is good that you are going into it without your own idea of a timeline...I think that is what's getting me in trouble. I think God is really working on me to give that up and trust Him.
Thanks for the encouragement. I get the sense that you are a very positive person! I'll be watching you as your number changes!
Dee Dee
Wow number 20!!! I agree with Dee Dee AGCI is really growing! Good for you guys! I bet it feels great to be a number!! I can't wait....we are still waiting for our FDL.
Michelle
I have goose bumps reading your amazing news. I am happy for you my friend. See you Tuesday night.
Congrats on starting this part of the wait! It's fun; nerve-wracking; anxiety driven; exciting.... Enjoy the roller coaster... the outcome of the wait will be incredible!!!! And yes, the Ethiopia program is growing!! We got on the list at the beginning of April and we were first on the baby girl list! The wait is going to be much longer when we decide to adopt again!!! ;)
-Suzi
Post a Comment