Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Snowshoeing With Three Year Olds!
We ventured out for the first time this year to go snowshoeing up at Mt. Baker. It was the perfect day for it. Huge snowflakes were falling, but it wasn't too windy. Tom's parents got Lowa and Whittaker some snowshoes and Tom and I already had all of our gear. This is the first time we've gone up with Lowa and Whittaker. We had a BLAST! Our timing was a little off (we got up there right at nap time), but they were tough little bugs and had a great time in spite of being tired.
Whittaker loved making new tracks instead of following the path. It sort of goes along with the way he approaches life. "If I'm having fun, I don't care if it's hard, messy or cold." We were so proud of him and loved watching him trudge (and fall) through the snow.
Lowa was a little tired at first and wanted in the backpack pretty quickly. After a while she decided she wanted down and she was such a trooper. She stayed mostly in the tracks, but loved walking with her new snowshoes. She was adorable and worked so hard. We were so proud of her! She had a lovely hat hairdo after getting back in the car - quite hilarious.
We hope to go up again next weekend!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Family time is so fun!
Your kids are dolls.
You guys look like great parents!
Michelle
No way!
THat looks so fun!
I wouldn't even know what to do in that much snow!!!
We lived in Texas FOREVER and moved to TN 4 years ago and I thought... YES .. we will see snow... it's not happening.
Hi Kristin,
I am inspired!!! I keep looking at those snowshoes at REI so now we have no excuse. Next winter we will hit the mountain with our little peanuts. So good to hear how you are doing on this blog. Take care and we will keep checking in.
Love, Robin for the fam :)
Post a Comment