Thursday, January 10, 2008

We Moved Up!

While I was just typing my last blog about our Ethiopian Feast (just below), I got a call from our Case Manager! We've moved up the list from #13 to #10 for a girl and from #11 to #10 for a boy - YEAH! We're still #1 for siblings (o-24 months). It's crazy, but now that I don't have any more paper work to do, I'm completely at peace about the timing of it all. I'm sure when we're up to #2 or #1 I might be singing a different tune :).

Our case manager also said that because we're open to a boy or girl up to 24 months, our #10 placings aren't set in stone. Some families are open to 0-12 month old children and if there was a 13-24 month old waiting to be adopted, we would get the call even though we might be below them on the list. Thus, it could be sooner than we think but, you never know, it might be much later than we think too! All in God's timing right ?!!

4 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

I can't believe that you moved up so fast!!!! That's great! We are still waiting on our FDL and was getting a little discouraged about being so high up on the list. But your moving kinda quick!! Wow!!
Looks like your Ethiopian meal was tons of fun.
Blessings,
Michelle

Thomas, Tia, Briley & Keller Hixson said...

Oh my gosh!!!! We're so excited for you!!! YEAH!!!

Coming to Amharica said...

You moved! Congrats! Do you know the scoop...was there a referral? I bet that feels good for you to see some movement. Yes!
Dee Dee

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! I bet you are very excited to see that you are moving in the list already. We are still waiting for our CIS letter.