Friday, January 11, 2008

Number Mix-Up

Update! Our case manager called today and accidentally mis-counted the numbers for the girl waiting list. We are still #10 on the boy list, but #12 on the girl list (instead of #10). I'm not worried about it :). It doesn't change who is supposed to and will become a part of our family. Thanks for your continued support encouragement and prayers!

I wouldn't have even known unless a friend of mine had read my blog. She emailed and said, "I got a call from Julie today and she said we're #10 on the girl list." She was awesome enough to email Julie and get things straightened out :)! Numbers and lists are such a crazy thing and I'm sure it's pretty hard to keep track of everyone in the program. I haven't heard any news about any new referrals, so I'm not sure how we moved up a spot on both the boy and girl lists. I'm thinking that because some people are open to older kids, they might get referrals sooner even if they are lower on the list. Just some thoughts for those of you still waiting and who are oh so close to getting your referral :)! All you fellow adoption parents - you're in our prayers (I was literally up until 2:00am last night praying for you all. I'm paying for it today!).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!!! I am so glad that you wrote me. No matter how many numbers you moved, at least is moving. I am not sure but I think I will be under you in the list. I will let you know. Keep in touch. Adanise

Michael and Michelle said...

Oh well, those number aren't bad at all compared to some countries. I quess some countries you start out in the 40's or 50's. So, 10 and 11 sound wonderful!!!!
Have a great day,
Michelle

Coming to Amharica said...

Hi Kristin,
Thanks for the prayers last night! I was thinking the same thing...that maybe there was an older boy referral that occurred somewhere on the list between me and you. Happy Friday!
Dee Dee

Anonymous said...

I just talked to Julie and we are 26 on the overall list, 13 on the boys list and 15 on the girls list.

obligato said...

That is so nice that you were praying last night! I added u to my blog roll so i will be keeping up on your journey! 10 and 12 is good numbers. we were on the list for a boy or girl too and somehow we were always 5 and 5 and 4-4 always the exact same on the boys list and the girls list so it was a HUGE surprise for us to get a girl! Let's see what happens with you!! :)

A Team said...

How sweet are you! To pray!! Thank you!

#10 and #12 are not so bad!

Some times people get referrals that aren't on the list serve or do not have blogs so it is impossible for us to know :-) Believe me... I've been there.

So excited for you guys!
now, you are on the sibling list as well right?