Thursday, March 12, 2009

How is Life?

Thought I'd do a quick update on life here at our home!

Tom is doing well - working busily at school and enjoying it. With the economy the way it is right now he is just thankful that he has his teaching job. He is in the process of applying for principal jobs, but in all honesty - neither of us are that expectant (we COMPLETELY trust the Lord in His plan, but know that life doesn't always go as we think it should). It will work out exactly as it's supposed to. He is still the most fabulous man I've ever had the privilege of knowing. He is such an encouragement to me and loves me wholeheartedly. The way he loves our children continually astounds me.

(Tom wrestling w/ all three kids - they ALL love it - I usually refrain and take pics or have a great time laughing. Needless to say - wrestling - not my favorite)


As for me - I have news I'll be sharing w/in the next week or two, so stay tuned (no I'm not pregnant and we're not adopting again right now :) ).

I have started the book Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons with Lowa and Whittaker. It's super exciting because they are catching on really well to reading and we've only just begun. It's hard work for them, but they are amazing and work through it!! I am so proud of them.

Lowa is busy growing up - I'm in awe of how big she is getting both in size and her mannerisms. It's like she's realizing she is her own person. I LOVE seeing her develop in this way and feel so honored that I get to be her mom and help her to see herself as God sees her. Seriously - could it get any better?! The other night the two of us had a "Spa Night" (thanks for the idea Heather). We rubbed yummy body butter on ourselves, groomed our feet (which tickled a lot) and painted our finger and toenails. It was such a wonderful time bonding as girls - we LOVED it and have it marked on the calendar for once a month!

My Lowa - growing up!

Whitt is busy being Whittaker - kind of a silly sentence, but if you know him - you know what I'm talking about. He loves to pretend. Every single morning he wakes up and asks me first thing, "Mom, do you want to play with me?" Playing is at the top of the priority list for him right now. Even though he loves playing I am astounded by how he works so hard. He is such a great little cleaner-upper (my own made up word) and diligent about it too. I love that about him. One other thing he does that I love is that every time we come in from the garage, he holds the door for all of us. We always reply by saying, "Thank you Gentleman Whittaker." Then then proceeds to salute us (don't know where that came from - not something we do on a regular basis around here).

This picture is special b/c it's with his DUCKY - which was lost for 6 months. It was very sad around here for a while, but all is well now that he is found. Where was he you ask - ummmm, under Mom and Dad's bed - oops!


Abraham is GROWING UP! It is so strange and extremely exciting to see my baby doing bigger and bigger things. He signs for everything now (along with screaming if I don't catch it the first time). He's toddling everywhere and feels like such a little stud!! It's so adorable to see him walking around bobbing his head back and forth! He's also learning the art of pushing mommy's buttons and that there are consequences for not obeying (time out in the crib - which he hates. It's quite effective though). It's too funny b/c when he knows he's not supposed to do something, he'll look at me with those big pleading eyes as though to say, "Can you really resist me." Then I give my eyes that say, "You bet I can buddy." I am so in love with this little man and love getting to know him more and more every day!

Mr. Walker!!

That's a face we see quite often around here. I LOVE it!

So that's us in a nutshell right now. Always busy, but doing oh so well! Praying the same for all of you!

6 comments:

JonesEthiopia said...

Well, you do have me curious about your "annoucement!" The pictures of your family are adorable. What a blessing they all are!! Wow!

I promise I will email soon!
Love,
M

Jana said...

Wow, what a great update! And now I'm curious too!!

Eastiopians said...

I love your update (and the suspense is always a plus). Your daughter is so cute! I love the spa night idea. I will have to put that on our monthly calendar also! I also wanted to ask, when can that reading program that you are doing start? Eva will be 3 on Tuesday and she LOVES books. They are her favorite things on the planet. Is she too young to start? And I can't believe little man is walking! Wow, he is growing so fast! And I love that Whit is such a gentleman. You are one aweseom momma! Oh, we are sort of in the same boat with my husband. He is trying for principal positions but we will be just as content if he continues on as a teacher next year. Rigth now he is part teacher part adimistrator and he is loving it.

Talk to you later gater,
Theresa

Kristi J said...

thanks for your sweet comment and prayers...yes, this has been a difficult week, but we pray God's plan is revealed and we trust in His timing...(even if it is hard to do so :) Your kiddos are too cute, kristi

Dawn said...

Awesome update!! :)
Can't wait to hear your news.

Anonymous said...

I love the update! thanks for sharing!! and like everyone else, i'm curious about your announcement ... :)