This is pretty exciting news for me!
I'M GOING BACK TO ETHIOPIA!!!!
The short of it (the long of it will come in a few days when I have a few minutes to sit down and type it all out)...
Our church has been working on, researching, and praying about where God has called us in Africa.
We will be heading back to Ethiopia this October. We'll be going to Addis and then flying up north to a place called Mekele. I will get to see Almaz (director of Hannah's Hope orphanage where Abraham spent 5 months of his life) - which I am SO excited about, but that is not where the majority of our time or energy will be. I do get to stay at the Union again and see some familiar, beautiful faces (again, more on this later). That is going to be AMAZING!!
This is near Mekele in a place called Kerbera Valley (it's in the central, northern part of Ethiopia - near Eritrea). Our missions director and two other men from our church spent time there last October in a "scouting mission." We will continue up in this area...I'm working on planning the trip, fund-raising and praying a lot!
I'll be sharing more later this week :)! I'd appreciate any prayers over this trip as we go to be the hands and feet of Jesus Christ to so many who desperately need it. Blessings ~
9 comments:
I'm excited to read more of the details!!! I was wondering if this was going to be the announcement!!!
That is fantastic news!
I had a feeling that might be the big announcement!! I'm so excited for you. What an amazing experience. Please let me know what I can do to do help you prepare.
How fun!! I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to hear more about it.
Woohooo!! That is so exciting! Hmmmm.....we may be traveling around the same time - or at least within a few months of each other!! :)
I am curious to know more about your trip - so post more when you get a chance!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! So exciting! How fun and meaningful. What a trip to go on. And in answer to your question, I am already stressing about TJ's. Its how I cook, I peruse the aisles coming up with ideas. NUTS!! Apparently, there is already a petition for one to come there. So hopefully, I don't have to wait too long:)
How awesome!! What a wonderful trip. We'll be praying for you. Miss you.
Toni
That is SOOOOO AWESOME!! I am SOOOOO EXCITED for you!! I wonder how many things you'll notice/see/realize/experience/feel going on this trip without the adoption agenda. For me, it was SO hard to process Ethiopia while in country because I was also digesting adoption and this new baby, whom I had idealized for SO long.
I'm really thrilled for you Kristin!! I can't wait to hear more about it!! specifically the kind of work you'll be doing ...
Wow...Mekale is where Kalkidan was from (the baby we lost because mom came back)...Oh, I've researched her city and can't believe that is where you are going...Maybe you can find her and check on her?? Ok, so maybe I'm crazy, but hey atleast you could be on the look out for her :) too cool!! I do have her address!!! :) kristi
Post a Comment