Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Painting Umbrellas...

I'm throwing a baby shower for my friend this weekend and I had the idea to paint an umbrella with polka dots on it for a decoration (it ties in with the theme, cake, etc.). I thought it would be fun for the kids to join me in decorating their own umbrellas. It was a really fun, cheap project!!

Here's what you do...
Go the $ Store and buy umbrellas (there's the cheap part)
If you have some old acrylic paints lying around - pull them out, put some blobs on a paper plate and lay them (along with the open umbrellas) on an old sheet or vinyl tablecloth on the floor.
Put painting shirts on your kids (old t-shirts from your high school days - well that's what I use anyway :) ).
Let them have at it!








(Lowa's Masterpiece)

(Whitt's Masterpiece)

See - cheap and FUN!

By the way, if you're wondering what Abraham was doing - simple - SLEEPING! Do you think I'm crazy - there's no way I'd be doing this with my little man getting into acrylic paint and spreading it all over my house :). In a few years, he can join us!

2 comments:

Michael said...

That looks like fun to me:) I didn't even know the $ store had umbrellas. Your kiddos are great little painters.

Michelle
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Eastiopians said...

Great idea! Thank you for sharing! Wait....but you can't acutally use these b/c acrylic paints will ooze off in the rain, right? Did you seal it somehow?