As you know, our family moved across the state this last month! It has been such a thing of God and I'm so excited for what He has in store for us. Tom got a job as an assistant principal and is LOVING his job!!! The principal he works with is amazing and he feels like he is learning so much about what it means to be an excellent leader! God has definitely given Tom an amazing opportunity in his job and for that we are so very thankful!
As for the move, it was good but hard. We had lived in Bellingham for 13 years and had an amazing community of family and friends who were and are so dear to us. To leave that was heart wrenching. We miss them all dearly! But, at the same time we knew it was time to go. God had been laying on our hearts for a while that we were getting "too" comfortable. Life was amazingly good in Bellingham, but we knew that our faith needed to be stretched even more. What better way to do that than uprooting our family, moving across the state, starting a new job, reestablishing some relationships and on top of it all - traveling to Ethiopia :). Easy, peasy right?!! But at the same time God has been faithful in so many ways with our move. We have found a house and we LOVE it! We are with some of my family and it has been amazing! We are getting more connected with our new church and will be joining a new small group soon! God has already brought some amazing friends into our lives and we can't wait to get to know them more! He is GOOD is He not?!
As for the move... We're pretty tired because it's been a lot of transition. By the time we move into our new house, we'll have been in 5 houses within 2 months. We're ready for some dressers and our own beds :). We are not complaining by any means - we have been blessed more than we could have ever asked for. We've been able to stay with Tom's parents, my mom and some wonderful friends. We will be in our new house this next Wednesday - woohoo - we're so excited!!
Then soon after we move in (2 weeks later) I'll be leaving for Ethiopia! I'm incredibly excited, a little nervous to leave my family for that long and just a tad stressed that we'll only be in our new house for 2 weeks :). I know God is good though and He will provide all that is needed in the perfect timing - just as He always has!
Our Ethiopia team will be setting up a blog within the next week that will detail the trip and allow anyone to keep updated on the happenings in Ethiopia while we're there. I'll post the blog site just as soon as it's up and ready to go! We'd love for you to follow along on this journey.
Thanks for checking in on us, I promise I'll be better :)! I'm looking forward to seeing all that is going on with everyone else too. As for us, that's it in a very short nutshell.
Here's a link to see our old house - it's sold the 1st day - woohoo!!
http://13rockyridgedr.isnow4sale.com/
We loved our old home and will miss it incredibly. It was our first home, where we brought all 3 of our babies home for the first time and where we had many happy memories for 8 years. You will be missed home.
2 comments:
So glad to read an update on your family! I am glad to hear that the transitions are going well, and hope that they continue to do so as you move into your new home and settle into your life in Spokane.
i MISS YOU!!!!! I will call tomorrow!!!!! :)
Post a Comment