Our team is excited and more than ready to get our hands dirty, painted and working. When we arrive in Addis we'll be going over to Hannah's Hope and working! I cannot wait to see Almaz, hold babies, play with the children and work!! We'll be doing a variety of these types of things for a few days before we fly up north to Mekele!
In Mekele we'll be working with Dr. Geb on his new hospital. We'll be painting and helping to build whatever is left to build. I am thoroughly excited to meet Dr. Geb, hear his story and work!! While in Mekele, we'll also meet the president of a seminary. They've asked us to bring 100 English bibles for their students which we are thrilled to be able to do. I'm looking forward to learning more about this seminary and hopefully being able to connect them with a seminary here in the US. That's their desire as well. So if anyone knows of any seminary's that may be interested in forming a partnership in Ethiopia, let me know!
From Mekele we'll take a 5 hour van ride over very rough roads, mountains and hills. We'll be heading to a village called Kerbera Valley. Almaz took a team there last year and they handed out shoes. This year, we'll be taking more shoes and clothes especially for older children. I am really excited to get to know these people and get to spend some time with them (although if you want to know the truth, I'm pretty nervous too).


After that we'll head back to Addis and work more in the orphanages.
Needless to say, it's a full and exciting schedule! Please lift up our team as well as all of the individuals we'll be meeting an connecting with in Ethiopia. God be praised for all that He will do in and through us!! Amen.
Please follow our journey here!
This is the blog that I will be updating while in Ethiopia, so mark it down if you want to follow along :).

5 comments:
SO exciting! Wish we were going! Hopefully we'll be going soon, too though to get our BABY! Hug and hold all those babies for me! I'll follow the blog and can't wait to hear about yoru experiences!
Janet
How exciting!!! Good luck. Prsying that everything goes well.
Toni
Praying for a safe trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it! Have an AMAZING time!!
We will be praying for you and the team. Have an incredible trip!!
So proud of you and excited for you! Give my baby lots of love please. I will be praying for you, and I can't wait to hear all about it.
Post a Comment