Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Almaz Visits...

I have to start out by saying that having Almaz up here in Bellingham was a complete blessing. Getting to know her on more of a personal level showed me even more how incredible of a person she is. She loves God wholeheartedly and has sacrificed herself (and continues to do so daily) to serve the children of Ethiopia. I am humbled by her service, love and heart for what she does. There's my ode to Almaz :)!

Our church is AMAZING - I attend Cornwall Church in Bellingham. The heart that our staff and leaders have for serving, loving and reaching out is why we attend. We are a Christ-centered church who accept people for who they are and exactly where they are in life. Anyone is welcome, just as anyone is welcome in Christ. Why am I telling you about our church? Well, that is the reason that Almaz came to visit. Our church is in the VERY beginning stages of wanting to be involved in Ethiopia. Our missions pastor visited Ethiopia in July with some of our other friends who adopted. He fell in LOVE with the people and children of Ethiopia. He invited Almaz to come visit our church and inform all of us about what is happening in Ethiopia and where we can help. She had many meetings and that was her purpose in being here, but there was one free morning open and I got the unique opportunity to have her over to my home along with some other friends who have children home from Ethiopia (through AGCI). Almaz desperately wanted to see those babies and we made sure it happened!

While she was here, she melted over each and every child as if they were her own. Her heart for these children is what astounds me the most. She knows SO much about each of them and their story. We were able to find out even more about what is happening in Ethiopia and how we can help! We can continue to sponsor children at Hannah's Hope but also reach out to those who don't have a chance to be at HH. This is the exciting part about our church. We want to be more involved on a personal and ongoing level in Ethiopia. It is exciting to know that God is leading us and we are patiently awaiting where and how that will be. Because we are in the very beginning stages, there is not a lot I can post or know at this point. But, God is working and I'm ready and excited!

It was truly such a special time to have her here and I miss her so much already. She is an incredible woman, but I also consider her a friend. Thank you Almaz for all you do. Thank you for continually allowing God to mold you into His amazing servant. We are all in debt to you!


Loving Abraham


Such a cute picture!


We tried to get all of the babies on her lap at once (6 in all). Uh duh - didn't happen!!


Almaz and Grace


Abraham trying to walk to Almaz...


Givin' Love...


SO CUTE!


Almaz and the Gresham Family - We Love You Almaz!

9 comments:

Economic Analyst said...

Great blog! Please visit mine below and check the links! Thanks so much! .The Coming Depression and How To Make Money On It!

Anonymous said...

What a WONDERFUL visit with Almaz!! She is SOOO remarkable!! I know she loved seeing you & Abraham (as she told me a few days later!!) I am SOOO happy you were able to connect with her!!

Dawn said...

First off...love the new page - looks great! Secondly - what a blessing that you got to spend that time with Almaz. I cannot wait to meet her - everyone says how amazing she is, so I can't wait! Thirdly - yes Oprah was a blast!

Jana said...

I love all the pictures, what a great time. Hey, I tagged you! Go to my blog to find out more.

Dawn said...

Consider yourself double tagged because I tagged ya too!

JonesEthiopia said...

Pictures are beautiful. Almaz is amazing, and I'm sure it was almost unreal to have her at your house. What a blessing! :)

Michelle Riggs said...

Great pictures. We miss Almaz. It was wonderful to see her with the some of the kids that she loved and cared for.

Thanks for praying for Abby.

Melissa said...

You've been tagged again!!!

Michael and Michelle said...

I love this post! Almaz must be amazing. I have heard so many awesome things about her. I am so excited for the day I get to meet her.

Michelle