
I love my blog friends - how fun is being tagged?!! I've been tagged by Jana, Dawn and Melissa - you girls are awesome - go check out their blogs and their fun little idiosyncrasies!I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself that might be unexpected or exceptionally quirky so here they go...
1. I am a TOTAL ditz when it comes to getting jokes. I'll laugh and act like I get it and then look at Tom with that pleading look in my eyes asking him to explain later. That gets even more of a laugh from him.
2. I love to cook, but it hasn't always been that way. One night when Tom and I were first married (in college - yes we were young) I was boiling a pot of water for a late night scrumptious meal of macaroni and cheese - straight from the box! I got hooked on one of my favorite shows at the time, ER and totally forgot about the pot of boiling water. The water and eventually the pot boiled for an entire hour. So, somehow I managed to burn water (the bot was so destroyed that the Teflon burnt right off). I've gotten progressively better over the 10 years we've been married!
3. I NEVER wanted twins!! Even as a child my sister and I would discuss the possibility. She said she always wanted twins and I DID NOT! I remember saying, "You could just shoot me right then and there if I had twins!" Oops - guess God has a sense of humor! I LOVE my Lowa and Whittaker and could not imagine my life without twins. They are such a blessing from God. Funny and great how he knows so much more than me!
4. I got married at 20. If Lowa came up to me at 19 and said, "Mom, Dad I want to marry so and so," I think I'd about have a heart attack. I liked to call myself a "mature" 20 year old. Now that I'm not 20 anymore, "mature" has a lot more meaning and understanding :)!
5. Saying "I love you" is one of my favorite phrases - especially to my family. I'm also a huge hugger. Even if I barely know you - I'll give you a hug!
6. I have webbed toes!! (Does that gross anyone else out as much as me?)! I used to joke as a little girl that I was a super good swimmer because I had webbed toes. If that was true I should have been in the Olympics by now...
7. One of my nicknames as a child was "The Bag Lady." Strange name huh - well not for me! I used to take my wagon around to the alley behind our house and find "treasures." Where would I find these treasures you might be asking? Our neighbors GARBAGE CANS!!! One mans' trash is another man's treasure!!! Can you say DISGUSTING?!! Yeah - love that one.
So there's some little tidbits about myself. I'm tagging some of my other blog friends so go check out their quirks...
Suzi
Shelby
M
Kayli
Naomi
Karen
Toni
1 comment:
oh my goodness i love your webbed toes!! :) :) :) and i love that you are a hugger!
Post a Comment