Saturday, June 14, 2008

And.... We're Sitting Up - Well.... Most of the Time

When we first met Abraham, he didn't have much in the way of neck control. Since being home, he has developed SO much. It's wonderful to watch him grow stronger and stronger each day. It only took him two weeks to go from little neck control to sitting up all by himself. He's getting better and better each day. He's still not a huge fan of tummy time so I'm not counting on crawling any time soon, but I know he'll get there in his own sweet time! I looked back and L and W's baby books to see when they crawled and it wasn't until 9 and 10 months. He's only 7 1/2 months, so he's doing pretty darn good in my opinion :)! Go Abraham!!


Attempting to get a group shot - can you tell Abraham's having fun?!



And down he goes.... Whitt's trying to save him and Lowa's just watching it all go down (quite hilarious).



"Hi Mom!"



"Umm, why does that light keep flashing at me? It's funny sometimes, and quite curious at other times..."

10 comments:

JonesEthiopia said...

Holy cow, that kid is cute! Well, all of them are cute. Duh. But I guess I'm little bias when it comes to Ethiopian royalty! R is crawling everywhere now! When she got home, she had no leg muscles at all and was floppy, too. A will be sitting and crawling after L and W in no time! :)
M

Michael and Michelle said...

Nice new look!

Your children are beautiful!!

Michelle

Our journey said...

What a beautiful weekend. We were so excited for it to be a little warmer and that sun was definitly sent from heaven. We went to NW Trek today and enjoyed being outside with the kids and celebrating father's day.

That little guy is just adorable. I can't wait for August to get my fill of Ethiopian babes to shore me up for the rest of the wait. I have been happy to see steady movement. Much better than nothing for 6 weeks and then a big jump.

God is good and our time will come when our little girl is ready for us.

Amy

Brian and Autumn said...

Love the pictures - keep 'em coming :)
Autumn

Anonymous said...

What a darling!! I love the leaning tower of Abraham!! I so remember that age!

Anonymous said...

So cute. I miss your posts. I look for them every day.

Mastrella Madness!!!! said...

He looks great! And his eyes are still huge!!!! Ahhhhhh! He still cracks me up!

Miles is in the same boat with tummy time! Hates it, but sits up very nicely.

Phil and I miss having "pancakes" with you all!

Miss you tons!

Love,

Amanda and Phil

C said...

Those big brown eyes make my heart skip a beat everytime I see them, how do you handel it!?!?!?! I love that "W" is having so much fun being the big brother! You have the most adorable family!!!SO are you finally feeling like life is sarting to get make to"normal"?

Unknown said...

I thought I posted a comment, but it doesn't seem to be here....

Oh my-gration! That child is adorable! Those eyes are going to get him out of a lot of trouble with Mommy--and maybe a certain big sister too.

Your family is beautiful and I pray that one day soon you'll wake up and ask your husband, "Do you remember the first few weeks after we brought Abraham home? Wasn't that insane?" You're going to be great!

Braedensmommy said...

Oh, my goodness! I MISS that little man. I am soo glad that you guys seem so well. We are doing really well, too. Summer fun is JUST what my kiddos needed!!
Megan