
Last night I went out with the wonderful "Twin Moms" that so many of you have heard me talk about. One of the girls (I just can't call any of us ladies) was sharing about how her daughter came out dressed from head to toe in mis-matching, yet adorable dress up clothes. Her mom commented to her other son how nice her daughter looked. Her daughter proceeded to tell her, "No mom, I'm beautiful." That melted all of our hearts. It got me to thinking...why as women do we grow up and lose that sense of how beautiful we truly are? How do we not know that the God who created us believes we are more beautiful than diamonds, more precious than gold? One thought is that we don't ever hear it! Who tells us this? If you have or had a father or a mother who tells you this, what a blessing! I don't remember hearing how "beautiful" I was from my father much (I did hear lots of other compliments, but this one seemed to be missing). When I married Tom and he would tell me that I was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on, I truly DID NOT believe him. It has taken 9 long years of marriage and my own quest into who God has created me to finally believe that yes, I am beautiful!
This is not something I want my daughter to struggle with (even though most women do). I know that she will have an advantage though. She has the most wonderful father a girl could have. Tom plays dress up with her, he does her hair (for fun too :) ), and most importantly, he tells Lowa that she is beautiful every day! Some may think, "Isn't that going overboard?" We say, NO WAY! She needs to hear this from her daddy - better him than some random boy in high school. So, today I just wanted to say how much I love my husband for making me feel like I am the most beautiful woman in the world and for telling my daughter the same.
2 comments:
I just found your blog and wanted to say hello! I am always very excited to follow other AGCI families. My husband and I are on the waiting list for an infant boy, and I look forward to keeping track of you and your journey. You have a beautiful family.
Dee Dee
Hi Dee Dee,
How wonderful that you found our Blog. How exciting for you that you are on the waiting list for baby boy!! Do you know what # you are? Great to hear from you. Our email is tandkgresham@gmail.com if you want to email me. Talk soon.
Kristin
Post a Comment