

Well, all of you must think we’re crazy as it is, so I decided to add to that perception by starting a Gresham Clan Blog! Yes, we’re the ones with twins and now we’re in the process of adopting our Ethiopian child or children (could be twins again). We’re also the ones who are putting Tom through school to be a principal. He’s interning right now and working anywhere from 9-12 hours a day. Ok, I agree, WE’RE NUTS!
Unfortunately, I don’t get a chance to keep up with all of you regularly, but I’d love to share how our family is doing and what is happening with the adoption. This way, you can all know what’s going on here in Gresham World!
We have received the copy of our home study and it’s off to the AGCI headquarters in Portland for review. Once we receive the final version, Tom and I will head to Yakima to get our final fingerprints. This will allow us to get the Visa(s) for our child(ren). Then all of the paperwork is sent off to AGCI again and then off to Ethiopia where it is translated and hopefully accepted. At that point we’ll be on the infamous “waiting list.” That’s where we are in the process and it’s becoming more and more real every day. It’s such an exciting adventure God is taking us on!!
Lowa and Whittaker are doing wonderful. They are growing like weeds and talking non-stop. Every day Whitt asks me, “mom, how doing?” about 50 times. It’s hilarious and oh so sweet. Lowa is our little pretender. She likes to be a tiger, puppy, horse, pretty much any four-legged animal. She’s absolutely adorable. They don’t really understand adoption at this point, but we talk a lot about how their new brother or sister will be a part of our family and do everything with us. They just smile and nod thinking to themselves, “uh, sure mom!” It’s so fun to watch them grow and blossom into these amazing little people. What a blessing that I get to be their mom – I LOVE IT!
That’s it for now – more later.
No comments:
Post a Comment