Friday, May 8, 2009

I Keep Thinking About...

This...

And this...
And this...
And this...

And this...

And CAN'T WAIT to do THIS...

My heart is heavy and so excited to get back to Ethiopia - to bless and be blessed by these amazing people! Thanks for your continued prayers over this trip!

If you haven't read this book - READ IT! It's called The Hole in Our Gospel, by Richard Stearns - the president of World Vision. He speaks about how Christians have a gaping whole in what Christ has called us to... Matthew:37 Jesus said to him, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Who is our neighbor? What has Christ really commissioned us to as followers of him? What can we do to love our "neighbor?" So many questions, so many stories, so many ways that God convicts, enlightens and encourages. Check it out...

4 comments:

JonesEthiopia said...

I can't stop thinking about it, either.. It makes my heart glad that you are acting on it. I hope to one day follow that same path. So proud of you!

Belleme said...

Great pix! I can't wait to bring one of those cuties home! :) I wish I was going with you on the Cornwall Trip, but we will be going soon anyway (not soon enough)... We are SO close to the waitlist!

Anonymous said...

i feel the same way. its amazing how the images of what we saw in Ethiopia stay with us. Such a beautiful place with so much need.

Thanks for the book recommendation!

Jana said...

I have been meaning to check in on you and see how Whitt is doing. I haven't had much time to comment as you can imagine but I think I'm good now. Yes, we are settling in. I think this town is a keeper. Loving the weather!! No sweaters ever:) I'll probably be crying in July though! Thanks for the book ideas.