Sunday, May 3, 2009

Batch Cooking

I just got this new book from my friend Lindsay Tkacsik (on of the authors), called Fix, Freeze, Feast. It's a batch cookbook that has great reviews and is easy to use. It is AWESOME!!! I spent about three hours and made a total of 8 meals for the freezer and about 40 breakfast cookies (which are super healthy). Check out her book - it's so worth it (only $10 at Amazon.com). It has wonderful yet easy recipes to prepare in a large variety. I spent the morning cooking, Tom watched the kids and now we've got of lots meals ready to go for the month. I spent around $40 for all of the ingredients. Thanks Lindsay!!

Preparing to make breakfast cookies

Tex-Mex Chicken Fingers - we had some last night - super tasty and really easy!


Tex-Mex Chicken Fingers...

My own recipe of Mac and Cheese - threw that one in too :)

All stored up in freezer bags - see easy!

Breakfast cookies - healthy and good...

All of the meals ready to go to the freezer!

2 comments:

Eastiopians said...

Very cool! I love the amount of meals you prepared in such a short period of time and I love that you only spent $40 on the ingredients. How many vegetarian recipes does the book have? Would it be worth my while to get this book b/c I can always substitute faux meat for chicken or beef.

Robin said...

Thanks for sharing Kristin. I have been trying to do some more detailed meal planning lately so this is perfect timing for you to share this book. I have done some freezer cooking in the past with a group of ladies but Matt and I want to do some together. Thanks!!
Hope you are well. Robin~