Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Mummy - Update on Whitt

Two nights ago I went down to check on Lowa and Whittaker before heading to bed. When I went down, I found quite a surprise - a Mummy in Whitt's bed!!!

I uncovered him and his head was all sweaty! I had to snap a few shots (which he wasn't to thrilled about as you can tell by the pictures). Thought I'd share :)!

If you could throw up a quick prayer for Whitt today, he's having some struggles with focusing and we're heading to the Dr. to see what's going on. Not sure at all, but some very out-of-the norm stuff happening with him. Thanks so much!

***Whitt had been having some periods where he kind of blanks out for the past week. We decided to take him to the Dr. to see what was going on b/c it was happening enough that it was concerning. An example... He was playing knight the other day and then sort of just stopped and blanked out staring at the ground. Tom asked him twice what he was playing and he didn't respond (usually he does). Then Tom said, "If you hear me say BUBBLEGUM!" Normally he'd laugh or say that was silly. His response... NOTHING. So the Dr. said it could be one of two things... 1 - still recovering from his flu a week and half ago and he's just still tired. 2 - could be petit mal seizures (mini seizures where he blanks out for 2-15 seconds). Many times we wouldn't even notice the seizures b/c they can be so short. He's scheduled for an EEG (brain scan) this week and we'll know more after that. The Dr. said there are no studies to show it causes any damage to the brain and that they're quite common in kids this age. If this is something that he has (which I'm not convinced at all that he does) then we'll go from there. Thanks for praying for our little buddy. He does seem better today, so we'll get the scan to make sure that's NOT what it is. We'd still love any prayers. Thanks again!
This is from the top of his bed looking down - I was laughing pretty hard!

This is from the foot of his bed looking up.

Getting uncovered, not so fun :)! Look how this boy can curl his toes!

Not so happy about the flash . I left the Mummy to rest after this :)!

3 comments:

Eastiopians said...

So cute! I will be thinking of him! I hope everything is okay.


Theresa

Our journey said...

THinking about you guys. Hope the big guy is ok.

Amy

Our journey said...

Thanks for updating us Kristin. I have been checking to see how he is doing. I will certainly keep him in my prayers.

A