Monday, November 10, 2008

"Do Your Kids Get Along?"

This is a question that comes up for me ALL of the time! It's a great question, and I'm happy to answer...

YES - my kids get along beautifully :)! Lowa and Whittaker have a serious advantage in that they are twins. They have never known life without each other. They really are best friends. They play together all of the time and thoroughly enjoy each other's company. The other afternoon Whittaker woke up from nap and was pretty distraught and unsettled because Lowa was still sleeping. He kept asking me if he could go wake her up. Once she woke up (on her own - I'm not crazy - let a sleeping girl sleep :) ), it was like he was a different child!

Lowa and Whittaker are also WONDERFUL with Abraham. Now don't get me wrong, they get plenty annoyed with him (and each other for that matter), but overall they are have great attitudes with him. They let him join them in their pretend play games and when he's upset or crying they will come over and try to soothe him. When he's wailing - they usually cover their ears :)! Whitt isn't a huge fan of having Abraham grab him and pull on him, but that's his only real "issue." They all love to wrestle and try to make each other laugh. It is super adorable! Randomly they will say to one another, "Lowa, Whitt or Abraham - I love you." That melts my heart. What an incredible thing to hear your kids tell one another that they love each other without even having to ask!

My kids are amazing and I am daily reminded how blessed I am by God to have these children in my life! They are each uniquely and wonderfully created! Take time today to remember just how blessed you are by your children!


My Beautiful Children


8 comments:

Chantel said...

Thanks Kristin! Great reminder. My sweet daughter has been extremly disobedient and it's been hard for a couple weeks. We had an amazing day yesterday, and for that I'm so thankful!!!! Children are truely a blessing from God. and when we have those challenging times, it's then that' He's shaping us to be more like Jesus.

{{{HUGS}}}

Our journey said...

We are truly blessed.

JonesEthiopia said...

You have such a beautiful family! I am looking forward to meeting you all in person someday!!
M

Michael said...

Your children are so sweet!!

Michelle

Dawn said...

Love the picture - adorable!!

Jana said...

They are sooooooooo precious!!! Thanks for all your congrats. Can't wait to go and get back!!

The Redman's said...

I just photo tagged you!!

Dawn said...

I tagged you too!!