Monday, December 10, 2007

Shoveling Snow and Best Friends

Bellingham got its first snow last weekend!! My kids LOVED it to say the least. They love to run around on the back deck, throw snowballs and "skate" as they call it. I wanted to share this picture of Whittaker and Tom shoveling the snow off the driveway because it is just so precious to me how they bond in so many ways. After it had snowed, Tom shoveled the driveway so that we could get out if need be. Whitt was all about helping. He grabbed his shovel and "helped" daddy by making piles in the middle of the driveway. They both loved it. I love how my son adores his father. He always asks to see Tom when he wakes up in the morning and continues asking for him throughout the day. Tom is such a wonderful dad to Whitt. They are a team for sure!

Daddy and Whitt shoveling snow

I have another cute Whitt story I have to share. I was sitting on the floor helping Whitt get his pull-up on for nap today (yes, he's starting to potty train - very slowly). All of the sudden he looks right into my eyes and says, "My best friend Mom." Then he gave me a huge smile and a hug to go along with it. To say that it melted my heart is an understatement! I hugged that kid so hard I probably popped a few blood vessels. What a gift he is! I will treasure this for the rest of my life (and I'll have to remember it when he's a teenager telling me how awful I am :) ).


Best Friends making Big Smiles!

No comments: