Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Paperwork is Sent

Yesterday was the day of sending off the dossier and the home study - hooray!!! It feels so wonderful to have that out of my hands and into the AGCI office. It's exciting to know that they'll be reviewing it within the next couple of days and then letting us know if there is anything we need to redo or fix. The last step will be to send in our approval letter for the child(rens) Visas (read my last blog for info. on that). Once AGCI receives that we will go on the waiting list. Last I knew there were 8 families waiting for girls, and 8 families waiting for boys. There were none waiting for siblings. I have no idea what this means for a timeline, but I will be asking our case manager next Monday during our "weekly adoption" calls. I'll update all of you as soon as we know anything. Once again, we thank all of you who are loving and supporting us through this incredible process that God has called us to! What a roller coaster of an adventure. What would you learn if it were all easy though?!


Here I am sending off the dossier and home study - a happy day!

3 comments:

Coming to Amharica said...

Hooray!! I remember feeling so great when we sent off our dossier...it was such a relief knowing that it was in the hands of AGCI. Congrats on such a momentous day! I look forward to the day you post a picture with your FDL and wait list number!!!
Dee Dee

A Team said...

Hello... I've never been to your blog. I am doing a little blog jumping and found your blog.

I too am using All God's Children. Just got my referral last Friday... SO THRILLED!!!

It is such a good feeling to have the "ball" out of your court... isn't it?

Tracie from TN
www.anceletadoption.blogspot.com

Michael and Michelle said...

Hello, I think we are at the same point in our adoption process and both using All God's Children. We just got our fingerprints done last week and are just waiting for the FDL. I also just started a blog it's.....
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com

who knows since we are at the same point maybe we'll get to travel together??? How fun!!!

Michelle from ND