Monday, February 16, 2009

Abraham Dancing (hilarious) and Family B-day Party...

Here are some pictures from the small family birthday party we had for Lowa and Whitt.  I think we'll start "friend" birthdays next year when they turn 5 (I'm excited for that - but a bit overwhelmed at the thought of it too :)!
(Look below for a hilarious video of Abraham dancing)...
Whitt opening a gift!

Lowa got this outfit from my mom for her birthday - she looks SOO adorable in it!

Family Photo :)!

I always ask what kind of cake they want for their birthday.  This year Lowa decided she wanted a DUCK cake (who knows why - just what she wanted).  I think it turned out pretty cute - just like my sweet girl :)!

Whitt posing with his ALLIGATOR cake - that's SO Whittaker :)! When we sing them happy birthday, we make sure to do it for each of them (being twins is awesome, but we also want them to know how unique and special they each are)!

Abraham getting in on the action!

Here's a close up of the alligator cake.  I simply baked 2 round cakes, coated them in frosting and then stuck on some Pirouette sticks for the outside (like a little holding pond).  Then I used blue food coloring to make the water and stuck some alligators on top - EASY! (I can't take credit for the idea - got it off of the internet)!

I did the same with Lowa's cake (I actually found these chocolate ducks at the dollar store - how cool is that!)

Abraham Dancing...

Abraham was born with music playing in his head I think!!!  Anytime he hears a beat, this kid grooves, the head shakes, the hips wiggle and the arms wave!  I just love watching him dance - it is one of my favorite things!  I'm so in love with this boy (although right now he's not taking a nap, so the lovey-dovey feelings - um not so great :) - can you say CRANKY tonight - whew)!

Enjoy the video
By the way, an amazing friend of mine got this CD of Ethiopian music for him.  Boy, it takes me right back to Ethiopia!  It's called, Sorene, Children's Songs from Ethiopia.


7 comments:

A Team said...

Ok... you have to see the you tube ethiopian dancers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnHuoxawEPM&feature=related

Abramham kind of had that head bob going on :-)

Dawn said...

Oh my word!! I am cracking up over here! HILARIOUS!!

Karen said...

I love it! I need an Abraham fix! =) We need to put on the music next time and watch Abraham and Kenzie get down! =) And you're crazy with the friend parties -- I can't even imagine it for the winter birthdays (I figure when you have 4 kids - that IS a party, right?).

Jana said...

Cuuuuuuuuuuuttte! I love the cakes and dancing!

Eastiopians said...

Haha! He grooved so much he crashed. Very cute babes you have there! :)

JonesEthiopia said...

So cute, your Ethiopian prince. Well, so are the other 2 birthday kiddos.

A and I actually watched it twice. Love that head movement. And that cd is great. We have it, too.

Michelle Riggs said...

LOVE the cakes and pictures. your family is beautiful.