So in an attempt to keep myself on top of things I've decided to add 2 new sections to my blog called, "This Week's Dinner List" and "Recipes" (they're on the right side). I'll be listing what I'm making for dinner that week and then it will be right there - easy for me to see and a way to keep my buns in gear with dinner and grocery shopping. I try to do my grocery shopping 1 x/week to buy just the things I will need for that week. I also attempt to align our meals so that we're using many of the same ingredients that week in some of the meals (i.e. ground turkey can be used 1/2 for White Chili and 1/2 for Tacos). This helps to save money on groceries. In the next section called "Recipes" I'm including some recipes that I have either gotten off of
AllRecipes.com or things that have been handed down to me or that I messed around with on my own. Feel free to use any that you'd like :)! Just thought this might be a fun attempt for me and anyone else who struggles to figure out what's for dinner!!
Wrapping Gifts:
On another note, I had the kids help me wrap gifts for their cousins today! They were so awesome (Abraham was sleeping, so that was actually awesome too)! I had them lay out the gift on the paper and then made a marker line for them to cut along - they LOVED it! Then I had them help fold the sides up and put the tape on. Then they each picked out a bow and the tag and wrote their names! It was such a blast and they each told me separately - "Mom, I loved wrapping presents - that was so fun!" Yeah - I love being able to do things like this with my kids during the Christmas season. It builds memories, bonds and makes for wonderful time spent together - which in my opinion - is what this holiday season is all about!

Whitt cutting along the line (well close enough :)!

Lowa putting the tag on her cousin's gift.

Wow this looks posed - promise - it wasn't!

Lowa cutting along her line. She would start on one side and 1/2 way through switch to the other side. Too cute!
PS - It does get a little messy, but they picked up all the scraps and garbage - way to go Lowa and Whitt!
Here's a cute picture of my precious Abraham - just had to throw it in. You can see the pink in his eye - he's a trooper though!! Love you buddy!


Playing one day when we took all the pillows of the couch - lots of fun! Those pursed lips crack me up - he looks like that much of the day. I love to give them big kisses!!
8 comments:
I am truly disappointed, you don't have one leftover night all week. Great idea though.
You are just amazing. I don't know how you do it with those three little darlings! I can barely manage to get dinner on the table wtih just my one! I can't wait until R can wrap gifts, too! And gotta love those lips on that Ethiopian prince!
Love the marker line idea... my kids love to help wrap, but I tend to take over too much of the process. I may have to employ the marker idea, so they can cut, too. :)
www.bachelderfamily.typepad.com
OKay so awesome your idea I am so looking at that for my weeks list becuase I HATE doint the list, Its so tedious, but if someone else has done the list I can so do it :) Thats wonderful your so cute! Loving the kids in the wraping :) Much love to you
i LOVE the recipe sharing idea! YAY! thanks! how fun to wrap gifts together. isn't it great the older two are getting to the age where they are really ABLE to help, and they enjoy it so much!! VERY fun.
I just made the white chili-- used chicken instead of ground turkey. Yummy!! Thanks for sharing. I'll be visiting your blog daily now. :)
Good idea putting those little elves to work wrapping gifts :) So cute! And I love your idea for posting a weekly menu. I'll definitely be stopping by for some ideas and inspiration.
I posted the pictures of our kiddos jumping on the couch together. There were some good ones. Check them out.
Love you!
You inspired me - today Sophia helped wrap presents for her friends. We had a great time together and she was so proud of what she had done!
Post a Comment